Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New pages

Here are a couple of pages I've did a few weeks back. One was with my old camera (the one of Carissa sleeping), the other is with the new camera. I'm still so blown away at the crispness of the details with the Nikon. I'm having so much
fun with it.
Donavan is really enjoying his new job, and is learning all kinds of things. Like how to treat hungry/grumpy people, and how to smile and look happy! Such difficult things for a 16 year old boy! So many people from the neighborhood have seen him at work, and at least they aren't the hungry/grumpy ones, and they really make his day....so thanks, to all of you that are being nice to him at work!
Nikelle and I spent some time together yesterday, and I always forget that when you spend time one-on-one with just one child, they behave completely different! (No tantrums yesterday!) I've always tried to make time for them individually, but I seem to always get more time with Donavan than with Nikelle, just because of picking him up from school every day. So it was alot of fun to spend time with her. We didn't do anything too grand, just some basic errands that I needed to run, but somehow we ended up at the mall, and of course that is a dangerous place for the two of us to be together. So we got what we needed and quickly got out! What a blessing it is to have a girl that wants to spend time with me (as long as she is getting money spent on her!) and we have a good time with each other. I find that depending on which teenager I'm "hangin" with, will determine the type of music we listen to. For Donavan, it's rock music and nothing but. For Nikelle, she's like me, she likes and appreciates all music and we have a ton of fun singing along to songs we know (and sometimes we don't know them very well at all) but it's fun anyway! I'm not sure where the years have gone and how I got to the point of having a 16 and 14 year old (No I'm not forgetting the 3 year old.....but she's in a different place altogether!), and now I'm looking at how little time I have left with them, instead of seeing all the years we have together (like I do with Carissa). So take my word for it, if you think that time goes fast when they are little, just imagine how fast it goes when you know that it will be gone VERY soon, and it is SO difficult to enjoy the "teenager" years, so enjoy the years now, cause it gets harder when they are older! But I have to say that I have 2 amazing kids, and I am extremely proud of the way they are turning out.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww... that is so sweet! I almost want to cry... Today was Aly's preschool graduation and before I know it we will be at high school graduation!! Cute pages too. Love them. How is the NIkon? Have you tried Adorama for your 1.8 lens?