Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Little Vent
I just had to jot this down, cause I KNOW that I will forget when I can enjoy walking to church! We've been dealing with lots of construction noise and MESS for over a year now getting this church finished, and are at the final stages, and everyone is excited and very anxious to get into the new building! HOWEVER......the disadvantage of living across from the church is that the trucks arrived this morning at 5:30AM to dump loads of rock for the landscaping!!! Yes, you read that right....5:30! I probably would have slept right through it, but my loving husband had fallen alseep watching Seinfeld (again) and the noise from the trucks woke him up, so up he came to bed. That would have been fine, but he decided that at 5:50 was the perfect opportunity to converse about this. Well, NOW I'm awake and the trucks are just idling in front of our house! I come downstairs to see what they are doing, and the drivers are just talking!!!!! So I decide to go out and tell them to leave..........and they tell me that "we're just trying to do our JOB"!!! Like the 7am noise rule doesn't apply to any worker that has been told to "get the job done"! I mean REALLY!!! I probably wouldn't be SO grumpy, but I was up until 1:30 scrappin (which really is past my limit....but hey I was on a roll!) and now Carissa is starting to wake up.......Yup at 6:15AM!! Two grumpies in this house is NOT cool....and let's not even talk about the teenage grumpies!!! So everyone that will be jealous because I can walk to church, please understand there was a price to pay for this luxury, and it wasn't cheap!! (I'll post pages later...gonna try and rest my eyes! We'll see how long that lasts)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment