Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas- a bit late

I tried to get this post done before the end of the year, but it just didn't happen. So here is our Christmas in a nut-shell.

We have a tradition of receiving new PJ's for Christmas eve. And usually a couple of games we can play as a family. This year it was games geared for Carissa. One is called "Bees in the Tree", and it is played like Keplunk. But with little bumble bees instead of marbles, and sticks with little leaves on the end instead of the straight sticks. Turns out she LOVED it! She was pretending to be a bee and "sting" us! OK, after a while, it wasn't so fun for us, but she was happy, so we tried to enjoy it too!

In the morning, the big kids had to wait for Carissa to wake up. Nikelle painted her nails and toenails while waiting! They all had fun going through the treasures in the stockings! Santa brought Carissa a HUGE box full of dress up stuff, and eventually she got down to the bottom of it. Where she found a box of 7 pairs of Princess shoes! What girl wouldn't love to have princess shoes! Thanks Santa...you da' BEST! My favorites were the Tinkerbell ones! (Believe it or not, I did not line these up for the shot.....it was all her!)

The big kids had to wait patiently while they tried to convince Carissa to give them a chance to open something. But they lost that one really quick. So we let her get through her gifts and then the big kids got their chance.
Donavan got some Wii games that he wanted. He also got a hair straightener (hey he asked for it!!) and some clothes.

Nikelle got a cool "Team Jacob" bookmark! Look how excited she was to figure out what it was. She also got lots of jewelry and clothes. She also received both the DVD and CD from the Mama Mia movie, which the two of us loved, but the boys....not so much! They had a hard time sitting through it!

Since Andrew was forbidden to do any shopping for the gifts except for mine, and with strict supervision (LONG story......) with the big kids, we decided that we would give him the food gifts this year! Problem is.....HE LOVED ALL OF THEM!

Almond Roca: I was trying to figure out which one he should get to open first (cause once they are wrapped, I forget what they are. Does that happen to anyone else?) And I knew by the shape what this one was. He told me after opening it that that would probably be his favorite of them all! (I think I can do better than that hon!)

A package of the *delicious* processed meat/cheese grossness! But look....he wants to eat right through the box!

Some salt water taffy. The good stuff from Trolley Square! I BEG him to not rub them on his face, but it seems to happen EVERY time, so of course, the rule is.......you do it, I SNAP it....then blog it! Serves ya right!!

Some gum balls for his machine at work. It's the only time of year he get the refills!


So this year he did pretty good (OK REALLY good) on my gifts. The kids picked out some books for me from a series I've started. Some clothes. And a REALLY cute coat! We had been out shopping together back in September looking for a volleyball for Nikelle, and went into the Sport Chalet. We started looking at some clearance racks and he found this coat and had me try it on. he really liked it but I wasn't sold. Even with it being on the clearance rack, it was WAY MORE than I would have ever spent on a coat for me! EVER! So I picked out another one that was a bit more practical. Well apparently, he REALLY wanted me to have that coat. So he snuck out of the house the next day, and bought it, and had it hiding in his office for the past 4 months! (I really need to be better at snooping around here!) So that was a HUGE surprise!

But that wasn't the BEST one! He knew I wanted a new lens for my camera, but I figured I would just order it after Christmas. Well that wasn't good enough for him, so he snooped around my phone until he found my friend Jen's phone number. Got me out of the house so he could call her up and ask which lens I would want. And then he had to make sure he was home (and not me) when the package arrived! I almost was home, but somehow he managed to get me out of the house knowing it was going to be delivered on Christmas Eve!! So now I have a new lens and I LOVE it! Thanks hon and JEN!

(Sorry for the cheesy smile.....I never get a do-over when Andrew's clickin'!)

So here is one of the first shots with my new lens. I just have a thing for pet-shops! I just think they are SO cute! Here are the few that the girls got this year. There were a few more that Nikelle refused to let Carissa touch, but this is most of them. (the ones missing are a cute little seal and penguin!)


Then we spent the rest of the day watching the snow, picking up the mess. Opening new things for Carissa, and spending the entire day in our new jammies! I love spending the day with my family and especially love when Carissa still wants to read the Christmas story in the scriptures and other books even now, almost 2 weeks later!


This picture just captures the magic of our Christmas morning! Carissa in some of her dress up stuff (including a pair of Christmas socks that are mine!) and doing the everyday things that make her happy! Just look at that face! (Andrew's about had it with the horsey ride though!)

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

OK, so which lens IS it?
:) Glad to see such happy Christmas photos!