Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birthday Fun + Easter weekend!

We managed to make it through a fun week! Nikelle's birthday was Thursday, and that girl wanted to party all week! She had friends over last weekend, and watched movies all night then we had crepes in the morning. Yummy! Then of course she's been out of school for "spring break", and therefore feels that because it's her "birthday" she shouldn't have to do any chores! She managed to use that one until today, when it all piled up on her, and she had to do it anyway! But she did manage to talk a friend into taking her and her friend Jasmine to see the Hannah Montana movie (which I WAS not going to go see....nope! So thanks Lindsey!). So now the birthday celebrating is officially over! But she did manage to have her favorite ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery (which she's insisted on having for the past 3 years!), called Cake Batter Confetti! And I have to admit, I LOVE it too! Which explains why I've allowed her to have it for 3 years in a row! (Which is WAY easier than making one!!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
I can't believe my girl is FIFTEEN! Just doesn't even seem like that much time has gone by! But we were asked the other day if we were TWINS (like we look anything alike!!)!! I was flattered, but Nikelle said she wasn't sure if she should be insulted!

On Saturday we ventured over to Wheeler Farm, to check out the festivities there. Parking was a nightmare, but then found a business that was closed on Saturdays, so we parked in their lot and walked in. There were alot of vendors there, and we tried to walk through them, but she was impatient, because she knew there were bounce-y things there. So we tried walking through the animals, which she got impatient with too!
Photobucket
So we finally resigned to do what she wanted to do. We went over to the bouncy things, stood in line for almost 30 minutes. Got her inside, she bounced for all of 2 minutes, and wanted OUT! Poor little thing was being bounced around like crazy by the bigger kids in there!
Photobucket
So after determining that we didn't want to wait in line forever to have a repeat performance, we opted to head to lunch. But on the way out to the car, we passed a pasture with the cutest little donkeys in it. I was kneeling down to take a picture of one, when this gal stepped right into the frame and stood there until I snapped her picture! I love that they still have their winter coat!
Photobucket
After watching Shrek about a trillion times, it's hard to think of a donkey as a girl, but this one was, and she was so sweet! (Mom, this last one is for you!! Thought you would enjoy it!)

But this was the highlight of the farm...the pony ride! Didn't matter the amount of crying and whining, or the long line for a turn on the 2 ponies, she was SO happy on that pony! She even "allowed" me to take a picture. Usually I have to sneak them, but she actually asked for one this time!
Photobucket

Easter this year was pretty kick back for us. I have a thing about hard boiled eggs and vinegar, so I haven't dyed eggs in over 10 years! And I'm not starting now, so that is just not one of our traditions. I do support the plastic egg industry however, so we normally have an egg hunt. But Andrew had just applied some weed and feed the night before, so we couldn't do it outside, and I just didn't have the energy to do an indoor hunt. I know I'm a party pooper! But Carissa was so distracted by her basket of stuff, that she never even noticed the lack of eggs!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Amazing what a little wind up bunny can do! Carissa was entertained forever with this thing! And the cat gets really freaked out when it's bouncing around the floor! Cracks me up! I never could capture a picture of the cat watching it! She's such a colossal fraidy-cat!

We've been so happy to have a couple of days of warmer weather, and enjoy spending time outside again! Carissa's favorite thing to do these days is to scooter! She would much rather scooter on our walks than to ride in a stroller!
Photobucket
I shot these yesterday while she was dancing to the end credit song on Bolt (her new FAVORITE movie!) In fact the first thing I heard this morning as soon as she opened her eyes was, "WOOF, Woof, woof......aaaaa-hooooooooo!" Crazy girl! Yesterday she wanted Donavan to call her "Bolt" all day long! I hope she won't start insisting on eating her food on the floor! I don't know what I'll do if she starts taking it that far!
Photobucket
Photobucket
(How do you like her tag in front? She picked her own clothes, and got dressed all by herself!! I didn't stress about it cause I knew we weren't going anywhere!)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I love the reminder of new life and the message of the resurrection. I really think spring is my favorite season! I just wish it would warm up so I can plant something without it dying! I worked in the garden yesterday, and hopefully I'll have it ready to plant in the next couple of weeks.

4 comments:

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

Happy Birthday Nikelle!!!! I can't believe she is fifteen. How fun!!

Chrystal said...

Your photos are awesome!! Happy birthday to beautiful Nikelle!

Paul and Susan said...

It is hard to believe you have a daughter that is 15. And you still look young and beautiful. Carissa looks like she thoroughly enjoyed Easter. What a great Mom you are.

Melissa said...

Wow! Nikelle is 15?! Has it been that long since I was 15? I think that's how old I was for the babysitting incident in Poulsbo. And I guess it has been a while since I've seen your family...