Thursday, May 14, 2009

SEVENTEEN?????

How did this happen??? How has 17 years gone by already??? I always have a hard time when it comes to Donavan's birthday, since I know it makes me older too! By way of the calendar year, Nikelle's comes first, and I can handle hers just fine. But when it comes to Donavan's, it just doesn't seem right that he should be THIS old! (which in turn makes ME THAT old!!!) So I always try and "forget" that his birthday is coming up! (well that's MY story:) So because of his work schedule, we had to throw together a little pary for him a few days late. I left Andrew in charge of the cake. I told him that Donavan would prefer chocolate. He came home with WHITE. (Yes, I realize I could have just made a chocolate cake, but that would have been admitting to the before mentioned denial!!) The cake also had fun little graduation tid-bits on the top of the cake, which he insisted on removing!
So here is the official "birthday" picture!
Photobucket
And just because I am nice, I will put up a picture that actually shows his face! He wanted to go to the train tracks to get some pictures for a project for school (which reminds me, I need to print one out for him...yikes!) and it was SO dang cold up there, that we only made it about 15 minutes!
Photobucket

Donavan makes me laugh ever day, and he always is so witty! Sometimes I've even had to get out the dictionary to understand him! But he is really a joy in my life and I'm so proud of the young man he is becoming! (Now he just needs a haircut!!!)

*Edited* I must add that this "fine young man" just got his first speeding ticket today. As dissapointed as I am, it really was unfair. Let's just say, construction zone+motorcycle cop=Speed trap! I always hate this time of year when the motorcycle cops emerge and hide in the most unsuspecting places! So fair warning, down 10400 S.....be careful!

No comments: