Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I survived......here's the Proof!

Well can I just say that having a birthday to plan right after christmas is REALLY tough! I know there are others that do it much closer to Christmas, but man, this is NOT easy! And it's only been the 3rd time! Boy am I in for it!!

Carissa decided on a Strawberry shortcake party. I had lots of fun making the invites! I stewed about it for days, and then once I decided on what I wanted, they came together pretty quick!

Another thing we did to "prep" for the party, was take Carissa to get her hair cut. It's only been 5 months since her first cut, and she still managed to get almost 3" cut off. And can I tell you the value of a stylist that can work QUICKLY! The first time we cut it, the gal was super fast and GOOD! This time I wasn't so lucky, and the last 7 minutes were spent screaming. Let's just say I have learned to schedule with a FAST stylist!



The party went well, and I even managed to get a cake right this time! I decided years ago that "doing cakes" was just not something that I would ever be good at.....but I attempted it again. And this time it turned out really cute and delicious! Double bonus! And I decided since I am so behind in my scrappin, that I should get her birthday documented as soon as possible. Plus I found the perfect template that worked for lots of pictures! So here is the birthday layout that I finished in one day! (thanks to my honey that cleaned up some space on my system!) Journaling reads:

You were Berry excited for your party this time! You invited Ryo Lyon, Halle & Brynn Morrow, Aly & Amy Bertoch, and cousins Camille, Hannah & Nathan. You all colored pictures of Strawberry Shortcake, then Daddy helped with games. The favorite was ring-around-the-rosey. You had lots of FUN opening presents. When it came time for the cake- you were doing fine until Daddy lit the candles and tried to get you to blow them out. Well you weren’t going anywhere near that idea! So I suggested we sing “Happy Birthday” (thinking that would calm you down!) & instead you completely LOST it! You perked up again after we finished the song and Daddy blew out the candles! Then you enjoyed your “berry-licious” cake and strawberry swirl ice cream! It’s so hard for me to believe you are a 3 years old already….but you are….and judging from your party, it’s going to be an unpredictable year!



But even with the amount of energy this little one creates, it makes it a happy place for everyone (well sometimes!) She is growing up everyday! I noticed last night as we were getting her to bed, that she wanted to climb the stairs "by myself" and she climbed them one at a time, instead of both feet on one step. I noticed her doing it a few times, but this time she went up every step this way! Such a sad day....to see proof that she is indeed a "big Girl"!!


Well I better get going on another layout while my mojo is still here!






1 comment:

Jen said...

Im so glad to see you blogging!!! I wish the girls werent sick and I could have brought them into the party. I still am so amazed by that cake! Its so stinkin cute. Not to mention your invite. I saved mine because it was just too cute!! Isnt it sad to see them grow up?! (well, bittersweet is a better word)