Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Official Weigh-in & Carissa "funny"

Well today it is official. Carissa had her 3 year check. And she broke the 23# mark. OK, they allowed her to wear her clothes, and yes I doubled up on anything that I could . Such as 3 shirts, (undershirt, long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve over it!) Then she wore her "heaviest" pair of jeans and to top it off, she was still wearing her sweater during the weigh-in! They only told me to take off her shoes, so I wasn't going to say anything. But the good news is, is that she has maintained her curve! Basically that just means she has remained at the less than 5%.

Carissa's "FUNNY" for the day! We went to lunch at Wendy's after the appointment, and some construction workers came in. There was one guy who was wearing a bandana on his head. Carissa must have noticed him, because she pointed right at him, and in her only volume (LOUD!) she said, "Hey, he's a PIRATE!" I looked over and noticed him, but apparently he didn't hear her, or I didn't respond fast enough (can't figure out which, probably the latter!) So she repeated it. This time they ALL heard it, and there was roughly 8 guys all laughing at her silliness!! I had to explain to her that he wasn't a "pirate", just was wearing a cover on his head to keep his head warm. Hopefully she won't go around accusing piracy anymore!!!

Well my last post I mentioned that I was having a "ME" day. Well I managed to get my hair cut. Then went to Steve & Barry's. And I had NO IDEA this place was SO huge. I also had NO IDEA that going there on a SATURDAY during a SALE was a terrible idea. The lines just to try on were about a 30 min wait. I did try some things on, but got the wrong sizes. So since I was by myself for my "ME" day, I didn't have anyone to get different sizes for me. Next time I go, I will definately either take someone with me, or grab every size I can find into the fitting room. So basically I spent 2 hours there and didn't buy anything. Then my "ME" day was cut short when Carissa took a one hour nap, she woke up screaming and I came home to cuddle her. Some times I glad that that's the one thing that she ALWAYS wants me for. Any other time, she only wants her dad! But it's these little moments that make me glad I'm the MOM!

Yesterday we had a huge snowstorm during the day. Andrew decided to come home early to try and avoid all the traffic. So at nap time I decided I could go to my scrap room and work on a project. This is an idea that I saw at a local store here and decided that I could do it too! (theirs had tons of buttons on it, and I like a few, but not covering the whole thing) So this is what mine looks like: I decided to paint the canvas, kept the same background paper and the Making Memories chipboard heart. The other stuff is just random stuff I had. I hand cut my letters (Man would I LOVE to have a Silhouette!) and then used some basic grey rub-ons on the letters. I really like how it turned out! Not bad for a couple of hours!




Here is picture of my kitten "Spooky". She LOVES to sleep on my bed, and she will at any chance she gets when I leave my door open! But she won't just sleep ON the bed, she must be UNDER the blanket on the microfleece blanket!


Yes that is her Yawning.....so content until I woke her up!


1 comment:

Jen said...

Okay- the pirate thing is so FUNNY!!!!! I was dying over here!!! That was great!! Sorry you didnt get anything at S&B! Next time we should go together during a weekday!! Oh- and congrats that Carissa now hit the 23# mark!