Well the day that every parent fears will come......has come! We realized that Donavan wouldn't be able to drive himself to school at all next year if we didn't get him his learner's permit sometime in February. (There's a 6 month waiting period of time they have to wait, regardless of when they turn 16) So yesterday we went to the DMV, and waited 2 hours. He managed to pass the test the first time, and finished after only 10 minutes. The examiner looked at him and asked if he was sure he was finished. Then he corrected it and told him that he had passed. Now we just had to wait for our number to be called.
Now the tough part begins. Having the piece of paper is the easy part......letting him get behind the wheel is going to be REALLY hard! (I have a hard time letting Andrew drive me......I can't imagine what it will be like with Donavan driving) Once we can get some dry parking lots around here, we can take him practice driving without involving too many other people/cars. Wish us luck.........it's going to be a BUMPY ride!!!
1 comment:
AUUUGGGHHH!!! Really??? Is he really old enough??!!! Are you going to let him drive the van? Yikes- Im going to steer clear of your neighborhood! (just kidding!) Congrats Donavan! (and Salina- I dont know if I should give condolances or what! LOL)
Post a Comment