Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First photos revealed!

I finally got the software installed (didn't really need to I find out) and downloaded my pictures to look at for the first time. I am so impressed with the quality that this camera has...and I've only shot on auto for now. The depth of field is something that you just can't get with the P&S's out there. This is one of the first pictures I took using a mirror. Just one of those fun ones you take just so you can get yourself (and of course the camera) in a picture.



This next one I was trying to get a picture of Carissa's feet. Trust me, it wasn't easy!! She really NEVER sits still and I've just gotten used to having blurry pictures, but I really wanted the feet really crisp for this one. And we finally got it! I love it! I've taken footprints of her feet since she was itty-bitty, so this is just something that I've wanted to go along with the "inked" prints. She has the daintiest little feet I've ever seen on a 3 year old (well she's the daintiest 3 year old ever too!) She really is fun, everyday and she keeps me on my toes all the time. Now that she is using her imagination more, I am always surprised with what comes out of her mouth. Sometimes it's obvious where she picks stuff up, and other times, I really have NO idea where she gets half the stuff she "imagines". Now if we could just do without the tantrums, I would absolutely LOVE the 3 year old stage!!




This last one....well I need to tell the story for it to make sense. We had all sat down to eat dinner, and I guess Carissa was in a "sleeping" mood, and wanted to snuggle with someone. Well obviously, we are eating. So she manuevers her pillow onto dad's lap.....then to the edge of the table......then ON the table......then she climbs up.....lays down.....and pretends to sleep! If it hadn't been the funniest thing that she had done that day, I probably wouldn't have allowed it, but since I thought it was funny, Of course I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture! (Then we got her off the table) These are the types of things she "surprises" us by doing! Never in a million years when I was growing up, could I have gotten away with laying on the table during dinner!! But this little one has herself wrapped around dad's little finger, and she can (usually!) do no wrong! I guess this was one of those "moments" that you take a picture for future blackmail!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

So funny!! love that one of Carissa. :) I love that photo of you and your new baby! :)

Anderson Family said...

Sweet Camera!!! I love Nikelle's face in the last pic. HA!

Jen said...

Hmmm... I just emailed you. But they got sent back to me both times... Is your email working?

Chrystal said...

Congrats on the new camera. I just love my Nikon! That one of you in the mirror is great!