
Well it seems that nothing ever happens here, and then WHAM.....everything happens! We started the mnnth of August with a BANG! First off we had Andrew's brother and family and their mom in town. So we decided to head out to Lagoon, yes we knew it was going to be HOT, but it was for the kids, right? We got there right when the park opened and Carissa found her favorite spot on the carousel! Her favorite animal was the kitty, but unfortunately it was every girls "favorite" too! Then we ventured over to the "kiddieland" and she had a good time, not great. She didn't really enjoy the rides that went up and down in circles....which is pretty much AlL of them! She did like the boats and the little cars too!


Then when it was just too hot in the shade (thanks to whoever planted all the HUGE trees all over the park!) we went into the water park. I thought this was a funny sight......9 tubes for the crowd of 17 people! Carissa loved the lazy river, but I was a bit dissapointed to see that there really wasn't anyplace for the littlest kids to play. Yes they have the big shooting water fountain, but it's not in the water park area. So we made LOTS of laps around the lazy river while the big kids went down all the slides! I still prefer Disney Land or Universal Studios, but for a close place, it really is fun!
Check out all the people!!!!
Then the fun continued that night when NIkelle and I went to get our copy of Breaking Dawn, the fourth in the Twilight Series (and if I have to explain that....well....you've been living under a rock!). Barnes & Noble decided to distribute wrist bands for the books, even though months ago I pre-orded it. (which tell me why is that if I placed my book on order back in May did I get wristband #451????) Really angers me that it wasn't a "guaranteed copy", and they didn't tell you that back in May. Anyway.....back to the saga.......I get down to B&N along with about 1500 other people for the "party". About the time they started lining everyone up in their groups, my friend Teresa is on the phone talking to a friend who is in line over at Wal-mart (no wristband required) and she is only about 30 people back. We finally decide to head over to the good 'ol WM, joined them in line, and had the book in our hot little hands by 12:04!!! There was no way we would have been leaving B&N before 1:30am with that many people, so we all got to go home and start reading!!! (Dont'cha just love the pic of the stack of books.....so lovely....ahhh...sigh!) I know that there are only a handful of people that know nothing about this book series (my husband was one of them....but after seeing the line for the wristbands, he now understands I why I couldn't just "put it on hold at the library"!!) but this last one doesn't dissapoint at all! And it just makes me more anxious for the movie in December! I really can't wait for all the movies now! (hopefully they will do them)
Remember....I get to read it first Nikelle......"I know Mom"!
1 comment:
HOLY COW what a madhouse at BN!!! We are debating on taking Aly to Lagoon with Daniels work... but I just dont know. Well, Im off to read again...
Post a Comment