Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yummy recipe

I've decided that I would start posting some of my most favorite recipes for you all to try.
This one is called:

Tomatillo Shrimp Fajitas

Ingredients:
cooking spray (olive or canola oil preferred)

1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 small red onion, vertically sliced (I like to slice them in half too.)
1/2 cup green salsa (store bought, I like the La Victoria Salsa Verde medium )
1 teaspoon ground coriander
salt to taste
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 (6inch) corn tortillas ( like to use wheat flour tortillas or even wheat pitas!)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Instructions:

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, garlic, and onion; saute 4 minutes. Stir in salsa, coriander, salt, and shrimp; saute 2 minutes or until shrim are done.

2. Arrange about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down the center of each tortilla, sprinkle each tortilla with cilantro to taste.


Sometimes I will put in some chicken, mostly cause Nikelle doesn't care that much for shrimp, but I LOVE it, so I have to have some in there. And you can tell by the picture that I added the green pepper this time. I know this looks like a hard thing to make, but I swear it only takes about 15 minutes of cooking time! REALLy fast!! The chopping is what takes a while, but I find that I can thaw the shrimp in some cold water while I'm chopping and then everything is ready to go about the same time. Then I sliced up a mango on the side and I felt like I was in the tropics!! Hey, whatever it takes to get a little "vacation"!


Let me know if you try this one! And I'll be sharing some more very soon, so stay tuned!!

No comments: