Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fundraiser Concert

My kids have the amazing opportunity to have a wonderful musician put on a fundraiser concert tomorrow night at their school. Part of the proceeds will go to a youth charity organization, (not sure which one) and the rest goes to purchasing sound equipment for the school. (which they are in desperate need of! At the last band concert the teachers had to shout for the audience to hear them! ) So if you can come out to the school, COME! It should be alot of fun!




The artist's name is Trace Bundy. You may not have heard of him, but his style inspired the music in the movie "August Rush". He is so amazing! Something you have to see to believe. Just go to his web site to see some amazing videos. If you click on the little ticket on the right side, it will give you the address of the school. It is located just east of the district, behind Harmon's/Target. Let me know and I can try and get you tickets in advance, but even at the door they are only 12.00, so that is a great price for a fun night!

Ok, Donavan has kicked Mom out of the all-powerful computer chair and he is typing now. Come see the show. Seriously. This guy is incredibly amazing. Did you know that he has never had a guitar lession in his life? How's that for blowing your mind? I've met the guy personally, and I've seen him play. He graduated with a music theory major, and he taught himself theory before he went to college! I know, huh? Un.Be.Le.Vi.Ble. His playing style is very non-traditional, if you watch the video, you'll see what I mean. He doen't even hold it the way you're supposed to! But, I guess when you're that good, it doesn't really matter how you hold it. Go check out his website. He's all over YouTube, too. Yes, you can buy his music on, like, iTunes and stuff. Come see the show. It starts at 7:00, but you'll want to get there early, like, 6:00 to get good seats; if you can't see him play the magic is gone. Now that I've thoroughly typed your ear off, here's my Mom ...

Can you tell he's just a TAD excited to see this guy in concert????? By excited I mean, he's already saying he's not going to sleep tonight.......like it's CHRISTMAS!!!!! Even I was blown away when I watched the videos, so I can just imagine how awesome he is in concert! Let me know if anyone is able to come! See ya there!

1 comment:

Marisol said...

WOW that was amazing and to see that live will be CHRISTMAS!!