Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm {We're"} Crazy!

Well I finally, almost feel "normal" again after the whole black friday madness! I talked a few friends into joining me at Wal-mart to pull an all-nighter! We got there at 11, walked our carts right up to the registers and parked it! We cruised around the store as they were working to set things up, so we knew where we needed to be when they dropped the ropes. Then we busted out the chairs and got comfy for the long-haul! We took advantage of the magazines at the registers and are now all caught up on the entertainment/fashion industry! (and of course my little point and shoot was dead, so I only had my phone with me, so these are the only pics!)



Alissa managed to get a short nap after borrowing a pillow and a "blanket" to sleep with.


Amber just couldn't get comfortable, even with the pillow and "blanket". It was just too light to sleep! (Covering the head just didn't work either!)

I thought I would hit a tired point, but I just never did! I was just too excited! Nikelle managed to read an entire book while sitting in line for 6 hours!!

I would have loved to take pictures of the "before" and "after"! Everything was in such nice stacks. And when they dropped the ropes, a lady right by us, (intentionally?) knocked a bunch of mercandise onto the floor when she took off running, and people were tripping all over the place! I was out in front of her, so it didn't slow me down, but other people were! When the commotion died down, it was a complete disaster in there!

So after sitting in WM for 6 hours, we checked out at 5:02!! It's a long wait, but when you can be one of the first out, it is worth it!

So then we split up to go to different stores (OR go home and go to bed-Amber!) I went and hit the toys-r-us! And I think that was even crazier than WM! But even though the line took me an hour, I managed to get the ONE thing that I went for, and it was THE LAST ONE! So I had to guard it!!

Then I came home (at 6:30), crawled in bed, and crashed until 1:00! Then I got up and went back out for some more shopping! And to pick up Nikelle from her school's craft fair fundraiser! She only slept for about an hour before she had to be there! I don't know how she kept going....oh, to be 14 again! I'm pretty much done with my shopping and hopefully I can enjoy the preparations a bit more instead of spending all the time shopping for "things" that we really don't need!
I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving! So many things in my life to be grateful for! I'm looking forward to Christmas this year, now that Carissa is old enough to understand a bit better! (And she's excited for her birthday too!) So now I've got the christmas play list going on my playlist, and I've switched the radio station in the van to the christmas one! (I refuse to do it before thanksgiving!) Now to just get the tree up! Any volunteers????

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Salina! It's Melissa. I ran into your mom at church yesterday and she told me to email you. I'm not sure I have the right email address, so I put my google skills to good use and found your blog. It is so fun to see your family. I can't believe how big Donavon and Nikelle are! You have one good lookin' family.