Saturday, June 6, 2009

Finally happened + Rainstorm

Well, after being a mom for over 17 years, and never having a child that was ultra naughty, Carissa has finally labled the "naughty" one! My big kids never thought to cut their own hair or any one else's (thank goodness!), they never tried coloring on walls or furniture. And within about a month, my little "Princess Monster" (as we have lovingly nicknamed her) has done both.

She was making some art work, and insisted on using her "safety" scissors. Then she dissapeared behind the chair, and the next thing I knew, she came out with a chunk of her hair. Thankfully it wasn't the bangs, since those are always pinned back. But it was a nice chunk out of the side. And thank goodness her hair grows really fast, and when I take her in for her next cut, it will almost be the right length.

Now as far as the walls go. I am still very fortunate. Since she didn't actually color on the wall. But the TV cabinet wasn't so lucky! I guess she's been working on this little masterpiece for a bit now!
Photobucket
When I found it today, it had a mixture of black crayon, pencil and some nice red going on there! Good thing I had a small piece of Magic 'Eraser left over! For some reason this child is fascinated with cutting things (knives too...she always wants to help empty the dishwasher and asks if she can do the butter knives.....at least she's not asking for the steak knives!)

Even though she is by far my naughtiest child EVER....she immediately put herself in time out, and then came and apologized to me while I was cleaning it up!

And maybe the reason for the coloring, is that the weather lately has been so unpredictable! The other night we were all set to grill some chicken as soon as Andrew got home. It was drizzling a little bit, so we weren't too worried. We just put the grill at the edge of the garage, and it's usually fine, as long as it's not blowing south. By the time we got the grill hot enough, the rain was coming down in a fast and furious downpour! And since Carissa wanted to be with her dad, we got her all dressed up in her rainboots, coat and umbrella.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She was so excited to go out and play in the rain......until she realized how hard it was raining! But it was a fun 40 seconds anyway!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! C is very naughty! ;)

Salina said...

And I guess this was just the beginning. She was at a friend's house and they colored on her couch!!!! Her NEW couch! Luckily it came off (good ol microfiber). Then I found some blue marker on the wall...not sure when she did that one! When I found that one...she put herself in timeout!!!

Chrystal said...

oh but she's so cute! :)

Paul and Susan said...

Unfortunately all my kids cut their hair (Ryan did his bangs twice). Nicole was the main one to color on walls with crayons and pens. I think it's a pretty normal "kids thing". I love Carissa's rain outfit.