Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baby animals at the zoo!

We took the opportunity last week to go to the zoo to see all the cute baby animals we have right now!

By far, my favorite was the elephant. Her name is Zuri. She was born at the beginning of August, but has just recently been brought out for display.

She was quite playful while her mom ate.
Photobucket
I've never seen an elephant nurse before, so this was a treat! I've always wondered how they get their trunks out of the way....and you know what...I still don't know!
Photobucket
Here's a close up. Still can't tell!
Photobucket
Here she is playing in the mud!
Photobucket
Look at this adorable furry belly! Just makes me smile!
Photobucket
Then she was just plain tuckered out...so down she went!
Photobucket

Then we made our way over to the penguins. I was happy that this guy posed for me, just long enough for this shot! Isn't he cute! Love the pink around the eyes! I'm not sure what breed of penguin it is, but I like it!
Photobucket

Eventually we made it over to the giraffes. There were actually 2 babies, but only one of them looks like a baby! (These are for you mom!) :o)
This is the momma...she was really trying to get close to check out my camera!
Photobucket
Check out the eyelashes! And they say that animals don't have eyebrows...um..check out the giraffes!
Photobucket
And now I'm convinced that baby giraffes are no different than a four year old that doesn't want his/her picture taken!
Photobucket
Then this little cutie finished eating, and went and stood in the doorway! Love these shots!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we went on to the big cats. We have tiger cubs and snow leopard cubs.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Check out the paw on the BABY!
Photobucket

Then of course the zoo favorite is the carousel! And the animal she chose this time was the zebra. She had to wait in line a few times, cause apparently it was others' favorites too! But once she mounted that zebra she was in heaven!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then a quick train ride and it was time to head out! And since I didn't take too many pics of anyone else...here's my cute (older) girl and my honey!
Photobucket

And now it's time to go home with our zoo treasures! Carissa has been asking about this silly "explorer backpack" since the last time we went to the zoo, and we finally allowed her to get it! And she couldn't wait to get home and go exploring!
Photobucket

And now my favorite shot of the day:
Photobucket

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

Wow your photos are really getting good! What lens are you using? That last shot of Carissa is amazing! I wish I was still in Utah so I could learn some skills from you and Jen! :)

Jen said...

awww! love the animals!! gosh- i need to get to the zoo!!