Saturday, October 18, 2008

Another first for me

I'm really ashamed to admit this. But I have lived in Utah for 9 years and not once have I really gone downtown to just take pictures of the temple. I've gone for the lights and to conference, but this is the first time I've really taken pictures of it. Sad huh?

Well after our family portrait shoot the other night, Jen and I went to take pictures of the temple. This one is my favorite one from my first batch. She convinced me to try and shoot in RAW, but now I need a converter to look at the pictures. So I had to settle for one of my JPG shots. I messed with it a bunch of different ways, and thought I would get opinions on which one you guys like.

Thanks Jen for taking me! (Well I guess technically, I took you since I drove!) It was so much fun! And the bakery was deeeeli-sh! I'll have to go back for the yummy turkey again! So much easier to take pictures of a building than a screaming-fighting-stubborn-bribes don't work for- 3 year old! I think I'll take more pictures of things! I think it's official...I've got the photog bug!


This one just has a few retouches

This one has some awesome photo overlays from Cat Scraps

Here is the same overlays but in Black & White

Different arrangement of overlays



And this one has a few more textures and blending modes. Kinda gives it a canvas feel!

So which treatment is your favorite? I'd love to hear. Then when I get the rest of my pictures, I will share them as well!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think that last one is my favorite. I love the texture. Im going to download some of the stuff... hopefully soon. But you will love RAW and never go back. (well once you have an ACR converter) I still havent even edited mine!!! I think tonight is the night. Im so excited. And - I started craving that sandwich again. ;) We need to have photog outings more often! They are so fun!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I wish I still lived there so I could tag along and learn from you two!

I love the b&W, but my favorite is also the last one.

Great job!