The concert was AMAZING! Not only is he fun to watch in person, but he is so entertaining and fun to listen to! I was able to sit 3 feet away from him to take pictures! It was fun to try and work with the low light and his amazingly fast hands! If you haven't checked out the video on my last post, take a minute to listen. He is an amazing musician and an even more amazing person. He and his wife travel the world doing charity concerts to raise money in different parts of the world. He is truly a great example about giving back and sharing our talents at the same time.

Rather than using finger picks, he has acrylic nails on all his nails. It's kinda wierd to see, but when you see what those nails do on the strings, it's totally understandable! Almost like a banjo player that "picks" the strings instead of strumming. But he strums, picks and slaps all at the same time! AMAZING!

I really blew it at the end. Donavan was getting his poster signed. We were talking and joking around. Then we said thanks and walked away. It didn't occur to me until I was downloading the pictures, that I didn't get one of him with Donavan!!! I don't know how I managaed that one! I mean really! I just love to take pictures of people in their natural element and really hate the "posed" look. Even though something would have been better than nothing!

Rather than using finger picks, he has acrylic nails on all his nails. It's kinda wierd to see, but when you see what those nails do on the strings, it's totally understandable! Almost like a banjo player that "picks" the strings instead of strumming. But he strums, picks and slaps all at the same time! AMAZING!

See his hands flying over that neck? The only times I could get a decent shot was when he was tuning!

(See him tuning with all 5 Capos on there! He actually plays all around them! Something so hard to imagine someone doing with only 2 hands!)

(See him tuning with all 5 Capos on there! He actually plays all around them! Something so hard to imagine someone doing with only 2 hands!)
I really blew it at the end. Donavan was getting his poster signed. We were talking and joking around. Then we said thanks and walked away. It didn't occur to me until I was downloading the pictures, that I didn't get one of him with Donavan!!! I don't know how I managaed that one! I mean really! I just love to take pictures of people in their natural element and really hate the "posed" look. Even though something would have been better than nothing!
This is my absolute FAVORITE shot from the night. He would smile while he was playing, usually when the crowd would clap about something. And it wouldn't even slow him down at all!



2 comments:
It sounds like you guys had fun. Yes we need to get together soon. If you guys want the BYU & UOFU GAME is on this weekend come on over if you want just let me know.
Wow! Great photos! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment