I'm sure that in an hour or so, I will be forced to make a very difficult decsion. Sometime on Sunday night, my sweet, loving, adorable (heathen!) kitty, decided that she needed to tear off and EAT the netted tulle that was on the hem of one of Carissa's dress. I usually am so good about keeping these things put up, but must have missed it when I cleaned up that night. Well on Monday morning, when we got home from preschool, she started puking. She managed to get the netting up, and I thought that was the end of it. After all, she has done this with ribbons, hairbows, flowers, and even fake plants. So I didn't think too much of it. Then on Tuesday morning, we got the motherload of puke all over the house. (sorry if this is grossing anyone out!) She managed to get every carpet in the house, but not on the wood floor (go figure!) So I knew then that she probably had some more, or had eaten something new. Well I could tell that she had only gone potty twice since the night before, so I thought she might be alright cause she was at least going. So I cleaned out the box and decided to watch her. For the most part of the day, she slept, which of course isn't unusual. But it was different. She didn't want to follow me around. She didn't talk to me at all when I approached her, and the biggest tip off of all, is that she would let me touch her belly! So I decided to call the vet and find out what was going on. You guessed it......"we won't know until we can see her"! So I have an appointment this morning at 8:45. She made it through the night with only getting sick twice, but I swear she's lost 2 pounds! Even though she has plenty to survive on for awhile, she hasn't had anything to drink or eat in 2 days. I've warned the big kids that this could be something serious, but Carissa is completely oblivious. I think it would crush her the most if Spooky doesn't make it. After all this is her "little sister"! (Best I can do at this point!!)
I took this picture this morning....normally Spooky would never let Carissa be this close to her and be so content!)So who knows what is really going on with this little kitty. I really thought it would be years before I was put to this question again, but when you have animals you just never know when it will happen. Andrew actually thought our insurance covered animals! Ha!!! Don't I wish! So now that it is time to go, wish us luck!
Edited: just got back from the vet. The x-ray didn't show much (of course) so now they have to try a barium test, to see if and where the blockage may be. I won't know anything until about 3 this afternoon. Then we'll decide where to go from there. Hopefully it will be an easy fix, but I seriously doubt that! Edited: (3:00) The barium shows that the fabric may be in the throat still, which would explain why she won't eat, drink, cry. They are going to try and "retrieve" it. Hope it works!Edited: (5:30) So after she has been there for over 8 hours I just NOW find out that they tried to recover the piece of fabric and in the process, they think they pushed it (or she finally swallowed it down) so now it's in the stomach. Whether it will past (cleanly) is yet to be determined, so they will observe her overnight and re-x-ray her in the morning. If they have to do any kind of dissection, it will easily be over 300.00! (and that doesn't include the "retrieval" or the office visit!) What would you guys do????
2 comments:
Sad! Poor Spooky. I was eating breakfast as I read your post and nearly choked when I read that A thought that insurance covered animals! Too cute! Hope things go well for Spooky.
So sad! I hope Spooky will be okay.
Post a Comment