So this is what our week looked like with pictures.
We started off being silly while I tryed to get a decent picture. (I thought about posting the sticking-out-tongue ones, but I figure that might be all I get in the near future, so I better stick with a good one!) This was friday morning.

We even got outside for a nice walk!

Then this was Monday morning, running a fever and just being miserable. When she wasn't laying across my lap sleeping, she was on the couch watching TV.

When she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer, she would sleep for about 20 minutes at a time, until she woke up coughing and moaning. Look at those poor little lips that were so chapped, because she was getting dehydrated.

And here we are now. Back to her normal messes, and dressing up and throwing the attitute around!

So good to have her back. I don't know what's more exhausting......taking care of her while she's sick....OR.....when she is running full throttle with more energy than I could ever muster! I have yet to figure that out.
Now the main reason I write this is because I want to stress to some people that it is still cold/flu/RSV season. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.......I BEG you to not bring your sick children to SCHOOL.....CHURCH.......PLAYLANDS........wherever! PLEASE! No I can't protect her from everything, but the little girl that got her sick was coughing quite severely and never should have come to school. Please use common sense and remember that some kids just manage to pick everything up and they just don't have the immune system to fight it off, without first declining almost to the point of being hospitalized. (The dr had told me that if she didn't start eating by the third day, then they would have to send her to Primary's). My little girl who only weighs 26 pounds.....LOST TWO pounds in TWO days! Some kids just don't have that kind of weight to lose. And it will take her a good 2 months to put it back on.
And then to add fuel to the fire.......I've got it too! And now I know why she was so miserable for 5 days!
So this is what I've learned over the past week. Because one mother wanted TWO hours of freedom from a sick child, it cost me an entire week of getting NOTHING done, 2 doctors visits (because I've now been in for a strep test as well) staying home from church twice, missing preschool 3 times (and I still have to pay for those days!) Andrew coming home early 3 days in a row (when he really couldn't afford to), and my daughter losing TWO POUNDS....over a "little cold"! Gee kinda doesn't look like a fair trade!
7 comments:
I'm glad she is doing better and Sorry that you have it know. I agree why can't people just stay home with their sick kids. I have been worse because of being in the Nursery.
Glad to hear she is feeling better! Just in time for it to REallY warm up outside! :)
I'm gald she is feeling better! Your photos are awesome!
AMEN! People really ought to leave their sick kids at home! Love the pics BTW!
I totally agree with you about staying home when sick. We have been MIA from church because what's the point of staying home with Cambry if Carter picks something up in nursery, which is bound to happen. I wish people had common courtesty.
Get better soon! I'm so sorry - sounds miserable!
Seeing your child so sick and miserable and feeling helpless in bringing them relief is one of the hardest experiences for a Mom. And then when you get sick it is no fun because no one is there to take care of you and you still have to continue to be Mom. I hope that you get feeling better and that no one else in the house gets sick.
Post a Comment