Thursday, July 23, 2009

Idol concert

After our fast trip to CA, we came home and I took Nikelle to the Idol concert! I was able to take a little nap before we left, but I was still so tired!

On the way there, I hadn't really looked at the tickets, so I was heading downtown thinking it was a the ESA, but it was really at the E-center. I realized this right as I was almost passing the exit, and thankfully there were no cars around as I made my way over to the exit!

Here's N all ready for the concert! She had wanted to made a poster for Adam, but decided against it. We were pretty surprised that no one really brought any posters or anything.
Photobucket

The concert was really fun. But I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have more group numbers. They brought out each finalist who sang a couple of songs individually, and after they had the six, they FINALLY did a group number. I thought the show was finally getting going. The crowd was excited. And then they announced an intermission. WHAT???? It's just getting going!!!

But the show picked up right where it left off, when Alison came on! That girl can SING! I was really impressed with her. But the person I was REALLY surprised about was Scott. I REALLY couldn't stand him during the season, and had NO idea what the judges saw in him. But seeing him live, I now understand what they saw. He really is a great live performer. Especially when he's singing something that he's had months to rehearse! Then he and Matt G. did a "piano duel" and it was INCREDIBLE.

(I need to back up for a minute here. I don't have many pictures because I forgot to charge my battery in my little camera after getting back from CA. So I was worried that I wouldn't get any shots of Adam if I wasted my battery on the other performers!)

Then Danny came out. He is SO incredible! He talked a bit about his wife, and I was just about in tears! Then he sang "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts, and I did really lose it!

Then the crowd went CRAZY when Danny was introducing the next performer!
Photobucket
The entire place was screaming and on their feet! Of course Adam made a pretty dramatic entrance! I tried to record it with my little camera, but the sound is so distorted that I'm opting to not post it. The sound is really awful! And poor Nikelle couldn't contain herself, so you hear her screaming through the whole thing! But if you really want to watch 20 minutes of his performance, I'd be happy to send it to you!

Adam sang a duet with his "kid sister" Alison. Then they built up all this energy to bring Kris out. Once he got singing, it was kinda sad to me, because the crowd (almost 60% of it) sat back down. The energy was gone. And we even noticed a few people leaving!

Then they had a big group number with all of them. When that was over, the lights came up, and everyone started leaving! I was a bit confused since I've NEVER been to a concert without a curtain call! But they never came back out! It was AWESOME to see Adam live, but I was thoroughly disappointed with the rest of the concert. I was really hoping for more group numbers, and I think they only had about 4. But we still had a GREAT time! Thanks Andrew for getting us the tickets, and not pitching a HUGE fit about not getting to go! But I don't think Nikelle would have forgiven me if I didn't take her to see Adam!

No comments: