Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Randomness!

As I sit and write this, I am boggled that Halloween is TOMORROW!! I'm SO not ready for winter, but I do LOVE Halloween!

An update regarding gymnastics. She LOVES it! And I don't know why I waited so long to get her started. Now I feel like my reasons were pretty insignificant, because she is learning SO much and doing so GREAT! So much progress has happened since the first lesson where she was clinging to me, and afraid to try much of anything. Now she is constantly running around the house doing forward rolls, and cartwheels and handstands on the couches! This picture was taken as the teacher was having each of the students do a cartwheel. Carissa was the last one to go, and she was just itchin' to show off! I couldn't believe her extention! This was the first time I had actually seen her get her legs straight, but she's been getting more consistent with all the practice she does!
Photobucket

Here she was being instructed how to super glue her hands to the mat to use her hands to push up for a backwards roll. The concept was pretty tough, but she's been getting better and better...again with all the practice she does!
Photobucket

Every week as we would drive to gymnastics, we would drive past the pumpkin patch, and every week, she would ask when we would be going to go pick out our pumpkins! So the day finally arrived, and we all headed to the patch! She wanted to pick up all of them....even the squishy ones! And really, she only cared about the ones that she could pick up. If they were too big, there was NO potential in it!
She finally found one that met all of my requirements...no squishy, and it stands on it's own WITH a pretty stem! (And her ONLY requirement...she could pick it up!)
Photobucket

She carried it all the way over to the wheelbarrow!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Donavan of course wanted the ones that were NO LESS than 40 pounds each! He struggled to carry it to the wheelbarrow, and then discovered that it was already full!
Photobucket

Of course Carissa "wanted" pictures on the tractor...but lacked the patience to really sit still long enough to take them! I managed to fire off 3 shots, two of which are blurry cause she was on the move again!
Photobucket

Then it was time to take our treasured pumpkins home. And when Carissa found this little beauty, she wouldn't accept being separated from it, so it got to come home with us too!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Now just a couple more Halloween activities, and then it will be the "holiday season" in full swing!

2 comments:

Paul and Susan said...

I'm glad Carissa is enjoying gymnastics and that she is good at it too. Great pictures of the kids with their pumpkins. I love your photographs.

Anderson Family said...

That is really fun that she is doing gymnastics. I have been wanting to start Ellie. Where does she take?