Sunday, July 25, 2010

The {cursed} house

I went with some friends, to a location that was rumored to be "haunted". When we arrived, it looked scary enough, so we opted to shoot outside in the lovely overgrown yard, with weeds as tall as I am! Eventually we built up our bravery and ventured inside. It was a bit dissapointing. Not one hint of "haunted-ness"!! But the wallpaper was AWESOME, the exposed brick, to die for! But then there was the lovely SMELL, and the instant headache we all seemed to get at the same time. We grabbed a few shots inside, and then headed back out. We had been joking just moments before about staying in the walked on areas of the yard, and low and behold, who knew that there really would be a "cursed" plank of wood with a rusty ol' nail sticking out, which quite unfortunately was stepped on. And now all of us KNOW to not wear flip flops (even leather ones) on ANY photo shoot! Needless to say, we ended our adventure in the ER and one tetnus shot later. I'm not so sure the house was "haunted" but it certainly is "cursed"!

Here are a few of my shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this has got to be THE BIGGEST dandelion I have EVER seen! It was at least 3 inches in diameter! And So dang beautiful!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jen said...

yes~ That dang house was totally cursed!!! and... i must say- the tent tarp thing was totally creepy. ;) love the shots you got!

Paul and Susan said...

You are very creative in your photography. I always enjoy looking at your pictures. Sorry to hear someone got hurt by the nail. Ouch!