Monday, December 1, 2008

I {Heart} the internet

I just got the most glorious surprise! After getting a comment on my blog from someone I haven't seen in over 5 years, I clicked on her blog and found out she is expecting her first baby! After she ran into my mom in town, she decided to find my blog after my mom mentioned I had one! Thanks mom! This right here is the reason I don't want to go private, cause I might miss out on these moments!

Here she is at 35 weeks! Look at the view behind her. This is the view in her parent's backyard! Isn't it gorgeous! I've always loved the view from their house! Those are the Olympic Mountains back there.

This is her cute husband Scott and their whippet "Leo"!
The reason this is so special to me, is because Melissa has been a part of my life since I was her babysitter when she was in KINDERGARTEN! I used to watch her twice a week while her mom taught piano lessons, and almost every weekend! She was the sweetest little 5 year old then, and she has grown into a wonderful young lady who will soon be a mommy in about a month! I remember playing games and singing songs and making her after school snacks! She was the first "kid" that I babysat for, for an extended period of time on a regular basis, and she's pretty much the reason that I became a mom! I remember telling her that someday when I had kids of my own, I hoped they were as sweet as her! Guess I got lucky, cause they were! (Notice I didn't say "are" cause I didn't spend much time with her as a teenager, so I can only compare when they were younger!!)

Here's a picture from her Kindergarten graduation!

It has caused me to reminisce a bit and wish to be able to go home so that I could see her again when she has this little baby!! (I can still see her as this little girl sitting on her purple/pink comforter and reading stories!)
{Maybe I can talk her into a short visit on her drive west!}

Who knew that reading someone's blog can cause so many emotions! Thanks Melissa!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey, it's me! You were the best babysitter ever. I used to wish you were my big sister! Glad that you liked me and it is probably a good thing you didn't know me as a teenager, although Nicole was worse. And you set a great example for me when I started baby-sitting later on, because my goal was always to make kids like me as much as I liked you. And ironic that the craziest baby-sitting night happened at your apartment in Poulsbo when those freaky people tried to break in.

Well, I will definitely come visit you next time I"m in utah. Scott's brother still lives down there and so do his grandparents, and we have to visit them sometime this spring/summer.