I've also just discovered that my layout images are "clickable" so I think I'll upload smaller sizes so it doesn't take up so much space on the page.
So is anyone else's "clock" still messed up? I don't mean the one on the wall, but the internal one! And since everyone here is still "messed up" (well it doesn't really take DST to do it around here!) we decided to watch a video together last night. We had rented the latest installment of LDS film producers "Halestorm" which brought us the "Singles Ward". They did really well with that film and really haven't had much success since then. In fact when we were releasing our film, we were up against "RM" and unfortunately neither of us did very well. But Halestorm has continued to try and have a decent comeback. The latest film is called "Singles 2nd Ward". And can I tell you.....they finally captured some of the magic that has been lacking in their latest endevours. First off let me just tell you that when I read the description on the back, I thought it was going to be another LAME story. But we decided to give it a try (because hey, when our film gets out there SOMEDAY, I would hope someone would give our film the same!) When we started it, it wasn't with much enthusiasm, cause we just were expecting it to be so LOUSY, but they went back to the original filming style and formulas that worked so well for SW#1. One of the things that I LOVED about this one, is that they kept all the cameo parts out of it, and dropped the rock version of hyms and primary songs. It was awesome in the first films, but they overused it and it became old. So glad they didn't do it again. The other thing they did RIGHT, was they used experienced actors and kept Connie Young to a minimum (she played Cammi Giles) and it made the story about the new couple and not about them. If you get a chance to see it, I would totally recommend it! There is one scene that literally had Andrew and I laughing so hard we couldn't breath or even cry.........I won't tell you which one, cause I don't want to spoil anything....but any member of the church (or really any church that takes their kids) can TOTALLY relate to this one.....not just "singles"! *Gee I didn't think I had that much to say about the movie:)*
So here are the pages that I did yest
erday (since I couldn't move AT ALL!) This first one is a
picture of Donavan and his new guitar that he bought with his Christmas money. He is actually pretty good, and is taking a class at his school. The second one is a picture of my 3 kiddos laying in the grass. One of my few attempts at being "artsy" when taking pictures. I really like how it turned out, so I guess I need to challenge myself more often. Just seems like it takes so much more effort to set up the shot and then get them to cooperate! (yes that's the trickiest part!) The next one is of my sweet Carissa drawing circles when she was about 2 1/2. She won't do it anymore, claiming she "can't" and she's "too little"....but here's the PROOF! Off to create more today!
No comments:
Post a Comment