Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The bathtub, the steeple, and spring teasing.

All right to start off with, I have told many that I am still bathing Carissa in her infant tub. It really is a nice one, seeing as it is not formed or molded. It has in incline insert that comes out. I still use it because 1. she still fits! and 2. it's MUCH easier to wash her hair when she lays on the incline vs. the big tub. But yesterday she decided to play upstairs. I couldn't figure out what she was doing, so finally went to check on her. And this is the scene that I found. I guess this really is the very best $16.99 I ever spent, cause it has 2 purposes....a bathtub and bed!


Something exciting happened today, that we have been waiting for for awhile. Cause up until now it has just been a building across from us. As I was sitting writing my earlier blog, I hear a noise outside my door (which happens alot since they've been working on the new chapel) and I went to take a look. I find this enormous flat bed truck with the steeple laying right on it! I guess that's how they do it! It was really fun to watch! And I can officially say that we will live across the street from the chapel from now on! Woo-hoo! It has been fun to watch the church go up, starting in October when they poured the foundation. And hopefully we won't have to drive 8 miles to church much longer! (I know that doesn't seem like very far....but hey...this IS UTAH!) And since the weather today was super extraordinary, I decided to get my hands dirty and start cleaning up the front yard. Didn't really matter to me that there is still a nice little pile of snow in the grass, but seeing as how the snow was finally melted from my flower beds, I really needed to clean that out (well mostly cause I didn't get around to it in the fall!) And what do I find when I clear away all the dead stuff.......? Promises of spring showing on my day-lilies and my columbine. I can't wait to see my clematis come back. I have this amazing clematis that has the most beautiful purple blossoms, but I've only gotten a few off of it. Hopefully this year will be better. Now I'm itching to get the garden planted and start seeing the plants growing out there. But that will have to wait a couple more weeks, when I can actually dig in the ground. We also took little Spooky outside for the first time today. She has been showing some interest in going outside, but as soon as I picked her up to carry her outside, she started climbing on top of me to get back in the house. Then once she was out there, she just crouched really low and was trembling. Hopefully next time will be a bit less scary for her. Didn't help that I bought her a collar and put it on her. Talk about kitten torture! She's finally accepted it and is scratching at it less! Tonight is American Idol....anyone else lovin the guys this season?

4 comments:

Jen said...

How fun about the church! That is great! And so funny about Carissa! I think its great you still bathe her in the baby tub. Especially when she's your 'baby' you totally can get away with things like that. ahh-- i totally want a garden. maybe someday right?

hooray for working out!!! im so proud of you. it will get easier. daniel and i have been doing our power 90 stuff for almost a week. i cant belive how good it makes me feel. now lets hope that it pays off and i'll look somewhat decent in a swimsuit this year!

ok... im posting a novel. see ya!

Anderson Family said...

I love the pics of the steeple! Whoo Hoo!!!

Carissa looks so cute in her "bed"!

Jen and Jeremy said...

Hey Salina! It's Jen Sorensen. I didn't know you were a fellow blogger. I love the picture of Carissa in the tub! So cute!!

Julie said...

hi salina, it's julie morton. we watched the steeple go up that day too and it was so exciting that we're a little bit closer to being in our own building! hooray