Friday, March 7, 2008

New Book

I managed to get a few pages done yesterday. Then decided to start a book I picked up at the bookstore the other day. I was first drawn to the cover art. The painting was intriguing, and I had to pick it up and read the back. It is a novel about the Savior, "Master", told from the perspective of a young boy that is a bit older than Jesus. The story starts off when He is quite young (around 2 I guess) and I couldn't put it down last night. I didn't start reading until 11 and I FORCED myself to put it down when I had read 10 chapters! I love it when a book can draw you in. I didn't even look at the time when I finally turned out the light, but I REALLY didn't want to get up this morning, and slept in until Carissa was screaming for me at 8! With all the talk from the First Presidency about the Savior, I was excited to see a fictional novel written. I have such a hard time getting an understanding from the actual scriptures, and I'm hoping this will spark a desire that hasn't been there for awhile.

So here are my pages from yesterday.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ooh... I just read that excerpt thing at DB. I really want to read it now too. Im like you when it comes to scripture reading. I feel like I need to understand it in a different way. Hmm... I just may hit DB tomorrow. Thanks! And BTW- darling pages! You are my inspiration. I may be 'lifting' some! (That is- when I scrapbook again- which may be another few months from now!)