Just wanted to update on how Carissa is doing. She made it through the night, even though she had slept for almost 8 hours during the day! This morning she woke up full of energy, singing songs and wanting to play. (I was even OK with her waking up at 7, considering she made it through the night!) She has a healthy appetite, but is clearly staying away from anything she ate while she was sick (saltines, toast, cheerios) and she is her happy silly, self again!!
I can't believe how close she was to needing an IV to hydrate herself again. She was showing signs of mild dehydration when I took her to the Dr, and then she started looking even more dehydrated. It was Andrew who brought home the Sprite, that we were able to mix the pedialyte into (she wouldn't touch it, flavored or plain). Once she started getting the pedialyte, she perked right up. I'm so very grateful she didn't have to have the experience of going to the hospital. I never thought I would be SO HAPPY to hear her scream, in her silly little way!
2 comments:
I am glad she is doing better! Dehydration can be so scary!
Im so glad that everything is okay!!! Do you think she picked it up at the Children's Museum? So scary. Im going to stay away from there. :) Im glad you guys didnt have to go to Primarys either. Thats the worst when you have to take them there. (Well- they are really good up there- but its still scary!!!)
Post a Comment