Thursday, April 3, 2008
Protection failure
Some of you may think this means I had a computer failure....I only WISH! We have tried SO hard to keep Carissa healthy this winter, and we were starting to see the light at the end of the LONG tunnel. We've kept her home from nursery, or taking her to lots of public places. Not because we are paranoid...but because when she gets sick, she ALWAYS loses weight, and when she is barely 23pounds, she just doesn't have anything that she can lose. Well I mentioned before that we went to the Discovery Museum at the Gateway on Monday. Well Wednesday night as she was sitting in her chair eating dinner, she threw up. She had been complaining of her stomach hurting for about 30 minutes before this happened. We just figured it was because either she needed to eat, or she needed to go potty. We tried the potty thing, which didn't change anything, then tried the eating. Well after the "eating" she then threw up another 4 times between 7 & 9:30. She made it through the night, and woke up happy and energized. She wanted something to eat, and I knew enough to take it slow, but after a couple of hours, she threw up again. Then she made it through most of the day, including a 2 1/2 hour nap. But she never was herself. Just wanting to be held and pretty sleepy all day. At around 6:00, I spoke to her pediatritian, and she told me just to try and keep fluids down. Well so far tonight, she has only been able to hold water down for about an hour. I was really hoping this would be something that would pass quickly, and she would bounce back. There is nothing worse than seeing your little angel laying in your arms, knowing you can't take away the pain. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better, otherwise she will need to go to the hospital for an IV. The strange thing is that she only ran a fever for about 2 hours, and then it went away. Now I just wish the puking would stop. I'm sorry for anyone reading this, that may be grossed out, but anyone who's a mom has certainly been through it. Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers. Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I hope she starts feeling better soon!!
Post a Comment