Friday, April 25, 2008

Birthday pictures and yummy recipe

This will be a real quick post because we are going to try and go see Forbidden Kingdom tonight. Wanted to post a page that I made with a couple of Nikelle's birthday pictures. She was laughing so hard (at WHAT, we still don't know!!) But I wanted to scrap the "belly laugh" moment for her, and she is sorta upset that I chose not so flattering pictures, but let's face it, when it's that funny, you really can't be worrying about what you look like!!

I also made some really yummy brownies the other night. They have virtually NO fat in them, as they are made with sugar free raspberry preserves and no oil. They were moist and yummy (I think I already said that!) and for those of you that like "cakey" these are perfect. You can also use apricot preserves if you don't like seeds.


Chocolate Raspberry Brownie

1 1/2 cup granulated sugar

3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup fat-free egg substitute

1 (10 oz.) jar sugar-free raspberry preserves (cherry or apricot works too)

1 t. pure vanilla extract

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. baking soda

1/4 t. pure almond extract

1 cup all-purpose flour (I mix mine 1/2 & 1/2 with unbleached/wheat)


Heat oven to 325 degrees. Thouroughly coat a 13x9" pan with nonstick cooking spray. set aside


With electric mixer, combine sugar & cocoa. Gradually pour in egg substitute and raspberry jam, beating on low speed until sugar is no longer grainy. Add vanilla & almond extract and beat briefly to mix. Combine flour and baking soda and stir in with a flexible rubber spatula. DO NOT OVERMIX!!


Bake 30-35 minutes. Brownies should be slightly under-baked but not runny in the center. Allow to cool and cut into 2x2" bars.


NOTE: because of the jam, these brownies are sticky to cut. To reduce sticking, wet the knife between each cut or partially freeze the brownies before slicing.


Nutrition: (per 2x2 bar) 114 calories; 0.7g fat; 26g carbohydrates; 0mg cholesterol; 86mg sodium.


You must try them! They are so surprisingly delicious!! (And you won't feel terrible eating some....but remember moderation!!)

2 comments:

Jen said...

UM- HELLO- Cutest page ever!!! Love the pics. Really makes the page. How darling. And I want to try the brownies. I think that someday when Im rich (haha) Im going to hire myself a chef. Anyway- hows that camera thing comin?? Inkleys is offering a free photo class in may that my friend and i are going to- wanna come?

Anderson Family said...

I love those pics of Nik! I am going to be making those brownies this week! Thanks for the recipe.