Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'll never do it again!

I realize that it has been so long since I last blogged. I was really on a roll and really getting alot of stuff done. Well for Valentines Day my sweet honey decided that it was time that I get a new monitor. (mostly because I got him one for Christmas and then he couldn't stand using my "small" 15" one!!!) But he couldn't just stop there.......NOPE! Had to get me a new, bigger, better, faster and EVERYTHING different computer. New hard drives......new operating system (Vista.....jury is still out on whether I love it or not!) And the kicker of the whole "new" thing is that I couldn't just transfer all my digital supplies over to the new hard drives without losing all my "tags". Which basically translates to about 6000 files of "stuff", not including my pictures! So yes....for THREE DAYS......I spent ALL day tagging all my files and now it is all updated. Which I love, but the process kinda (well there's no kinda about it) stole my MOJO! So now who knows how long it will be before I get it back!


So other than getting a new computer for me, he also surprised Donavan with guitar hero for the Wii, and for Nikelle he got the American Idol Karaoke game for the Wii, (which sadly I haven't had a chance to try out). We didn't really do anything fun and exciting for V-day, but I did make some Red Velvet cupcakes......which I've had a REALLY hard time sharing! They are SO yummy!
The other big news is that I took our little kitty to get spayed almost 2 weeks ago. Well the last time that I had any experience with a cat that had the surgery, was well over 20 years. I just remember our females coming home and being really lethargic and drugged for about a week. Well the procedure must have gotten better, cause little Spooky was up and jumping the very next day. They told me that the medicine they gave her will make her sleepy, UM.......NOPE! She was just as active the day after the surgery!
Well I'm off to look for my MOJO somewhere around here! Maybe when I get back from getting the stitches out, I'll find it again! Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Im so glad you posted! Its been FOREVER since I 'talked' to you. Im so sorry about the stolen mojo. Thats awful having to transfer stuff. Hmmm... I should have given you my transfer cable that moves everything over just as you had it on your old hard drive. Anyway- how are you liking the new computer? I hate vista, but I guess maybe in a while I'll like it more. Just got back from Oregon and NO rain at all!! Wahoo for us! Tell me how the American Idol Wii game is. I'd love to know. Later!

Chrystal said...

I know what you mean about losing your tags. We just got a new iMac, and since everything was tagged in ACDSee, which doesn't have a Mac version, I was out of luck. After 3 days of transferring files, I finally made up my own system, but I'm not sure it's really any better. The hardest thing is waiting for PSE6 to be released on March 24!